Apple Sausage Oven Pancake Serves 8 – 12 in a 9 x 12 Pan
- 2 Apples sliced thin
- ½ c Brown Sugar
- ½ c Maple Syrup
- ½ c Butter
Spray pan with pan coating.
Spread Apples slices on bottom of pan.
Spread Sugar, Maple Syrup and Butter over Apple slices.
Bake at 350 – 375 until it is bubbling.
- 1 lb of bulk Sausage
Cook Sausage in frying pan
- 2 c Flour
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 c Milk
- 2 T Oil
Mix ingredients together to make Batter.
Spread Sausage over Apple mixture in pan.
Pour Batter over Apples and Sausage in Pan.
Bake at 350 – 375 until nicely browned 45 minutes.
Shore House Breakfast Bars
“Full of dried fruit, nuts and seeds, these bars are delicious and much more filling than most granola bars.”
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- (I use dry oat meal)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Granola
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup Applesauce
- ½ cup honey
- 6 T brown sugar
- 4 T vegetable oil
- ½ cup sunflower seeds - kernels only, no shells
- (Any seeds will be good here)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- (Pecans will work as well)
- 2 cups dried fruit
(I used rasins, crazins, etc. any dried fruit will work well)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 9 x 12 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Smooth to an even thickness with a spatula.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned around the edges. Let cool. Use the foil to lift from the pan. Cut into 8 bars approximately 2 ½” X 4 ½”.
4. Wrap each bar in Freezer Paper or Butcher Paper and tape closed with Masking Tape.
Put the bars in a large baggie and freeze.
These bars are easy to hand out to guests that can’t stay for breakfast.
- 1 cup of marinated artichoke hearts (drain) and chop. Reserve marinade for sautéing the onions.
- ½ large yellow onion- chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese grated.
- 14 saltine crackers, crumbed
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 dashes of hot pepper sauce
- Garnish one fresh tomato and whole parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Spray 9” x 15” pan with non stick cooking spray.Heat 3 tablespoons of the marinade. Add the onion and sauté. Cook and stir until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.Mix together sautéed onion, eggs, chopped artichoke hearts, Cheddar cheese, saltine crackers, parsley, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven until center is puffy and no longer moist, about 40 minutes, cool slightly before cutting into squares.Cut and top with sliced fresh tomato and parsley sprig. Drizzle with sour cream topping.
Gluten Free Version: Omit the saltine crackers and add ½ cup of cornmeal. Follow recipe as above.
Mushroom or Artichoke Crustini Appetizer
This is one of our most popular Appetizers.
You can substitute artichokes for the mushrooms for another great appetizer.
Mushrooms - can be fresh or canned.
Frenches Fried Onions
Cut the Baguet into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices and toast on both sides under the broiler. 1 - 2 minutes on each side.
Chop up the mushrooms to 1/4 inch pieces.
In a mixing bowl, mix equal amounts of mushrooms and Frenches Fried Onions.
Add mayonnaise until the mixture will stick together and can be spread on the toasted bread.
Add a little Garlic Powder for flavor.
After the Baguet slices are slightly toasted on both sides, spread the mushroom mixture on the top side of the Baguet slices 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick, sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and put back under the broiler for 1 - 2 minutes.
Now it is ready to serve.
1 ½ c sugar
1 ½ sticks butter (3/4 c)
1 ½ t vanilla
3 t almond extract
1 ½ c flour
½ c berries (frozen is ok)
½ c sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray 9x13 pan with oil
Melt butter, add eggs, vanilla, almond extract and sugar.
Beat well. Add flour. Mix and pour into pan.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle fruit and almonds and lightly press into batter.
Return to oven and continue to bake 30 to 40 minutes.
It will be soft in the middle. Cool before cutting into bars.
May you find and taste Bliss!
Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan. On medium heat, bring to a boil for one full minute. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter (optional), vanilla and oatmeal. Drop by spoonful onto was paper. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.