“Full of dried fruit, nuts and seeds, these bars are delicious and much more filling than most granola bars.”
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- (I use dry oat meal)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Granola
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup Applesauce
- ½ cup honey
- 6 T brown sugar
- 4 T vegetable oil
- ½ cup sunflower seeds - kernels only, no shells
- (Any seeds will be good here)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- (Pecans will work as well)
- 2 cups dried fruit
(I used rasins, crazins, etc. any dried fruit will work well)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 9 x 12 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Smooth to an even thickness with a spatula.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned around the edges. Let cool. Use the foil to lift from the pan. Cut into 8 bars approximately 2 ½” X 4 ½”.
4. Wrap each bar in Freezer Paper or Butcher Paper and tape closed with Masking Tape.
Put the bars in a large baggie and freeze.
These bars are easy to hand out to guests that can’t stay for breakfast.